Saturday 9 June 2018

My Angood link

I also have more specific links to Percy's (as surely he must have been, as Algernon was 'Alg'?) wider family, though I haven't checked out his exact relationship.
There were three children born in 1921, and christened together in the Methodist church: my father Douglas, his cousin Gertrude Whitehorn, and Harold Angood, of Honeysome.
Dad was the Player King to Harold's Hamlet at MGS in the 30's, and Gertrude and Harold were 'young sweethearts' who married. They and their three children, John, Jill and Joy, were very much part of the Graham/Kemp extended family in which I grew up in Chatteris in the 1950's and 60's, and I am still in touch with all three, my second cousins on the Kemp line ie we share common great grand-parents, Elias and Jane (Jenny) Kemp.

No comments: